Asia’s richest man now challenging billionaires all over.
Mukesh Ambani, a multi-billionaire, Managing Director, and the biggest shareholder of Reliance Industries Ltd., the richest man in Asia and now the 6th richest in the world.
The recent reports by Bloomberg’s Billionaires Index suggest that Mukesh Ambani is now the 6th wealthiest man in the world with Rs. 72.4 billion monetary worth surpassing Elon Musk and Alphabet Inc. Co-founder Sergy Brin and Larry Page.
Reason for him to be going up?
In the U.S.A., technology shares took a dip on Monday, Larry Page’s monetary worth being USD 71.6 billion and Elon Musk’s at USD 68.6 billion.
This news comes after the shares of Reliance Industry Limited on the Bombay Stock Exchange marked an all-time high of Rs. 1,908. This further happened as Qualcomm announced the news of investing Rs.700 crore+ in Jio.
RIL stock has been advancing from March this year and crossed Rs. 12.09 in the market capitalization creating history for an Indian Company.
In a statement to the press, Mukesh Ambani remarked, “We have fulfilled our promise to the shareholders by making Reliance net debt-free much before our original schedule of March 31, 2021”.
More about Mukesh Ambani
Mukesh Ambani has been the only Indian in the Top 50 list of Bloomberg Billionaires Index, now being on the 6th position. He was also ranked the 7th richest person in the world according to Forbes Real-Time Billionaires Index.
Chairman of Bloomberg Billionaires Index vocalized, “Ambani controls 42% of Reliance Industries, owner of the largest oil refining complex. The Mumbai-based conglomerate’s other businesses include a 4G wireless network across India. The billionaire also owns a residential property worth more than $400 million and the Mumbai Indians professional cricket team”.
Reliance Industries Limited is by market share the 51st most valuable company. Reliance Petroleum Limited is the largest private sector company in India with USD 6.4 billion USD, it’s parent company being Reliance Industries Limited.
Top 5 Wealthiest individuals in the world
1. Jeff Bezos
- Jeff Bezos, the founder, CEO, and President of the company, Amazon.
- Net worth: 18,920 crores USD (2020)
2. Bernard Arnault
- Bernard Arnault is a French billionaire businessman and Art Collector.
- Net Worth: 11,160 crores USD (2020)
3. Bill Gates
- Bill Gates is a business magnate, Software Developer, Investor, and Co-Founder of Microsoft Corporation.
- Net Worth: 11,110 crores USD (2020)
4. Mark Zuckerberg
- Mark Zuckerberg is the Co-Founder, Chairman, Chief Executive Officer, and controlling shareholder, of Facebook.
- Net Worth: 9,170 crores USD (2020)
5. Steve Ballmer
- Steve Ballmer is an American businessman and investor. He was the Chief Executive Officer of Microsoft.
- Net Worth: 7,430 crores USD (2020)